Board & General Membership Meetings
In January, April, June, and October, board meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. These meetings are held at the Minneapolis Event Center, 212 2nd Street SE. In these four months, board meetings are immediately followed by our General Membership meetings, beginning promptly at 7:30 pm. The public is welcome to both of these meetings.
In February, March, May, August, September, and November, board meetings are also held the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm, but these meetings are conducted at First Congregational Church, 500 8th Avenue SE. There are no General Membership meetings in these six months, however, the public is welcome to attend the 6 pm board meeting.
To become a member of MHNA, visit HERE.
All MHNA Meetings are open to the public and handicap accessible. If you need any special accommodation or ADA related accommodation (sign language interpreter, for example) contact the MHNA office 5 business days in advance of the meeting.
There are many ways to get involved in the Marcy-Holmes neighborhood:
- Joining the MHNA and one of its committees or task forces.
- Running for a seat on the MHNA Board of Directors
- Play a simple, but vital role by assisting us on one of our 6th Ave SE Greenway Care Days!
- Joining the Garden Group (adopt a garden!) or Creative Places Committee
- Helping with Neighborhood Clean Ups, including our annual Earth Day River Clean-Up
- Helping with events like National Night Out celebrations or Annual Plant Swap & Potluck
- Donating books to the SE Library or Marcy Open School
- Taking part in a community conference for the Restorative Justice Community Action program
- Donating your services or skills to help the neighborhood
- Visiting seniors or helping them out at SE Seniors
- Promoting our neighborhood as a great place to live, work, study and play