Committees & Task Forces
MHNA Board of Directors
MHNA’s Board of Directors has 4 officers, elected annually, and 11 directors with alternating 2 year terms. In addition, there are currently 5 appointed board members from area institutions and organizations.
The MHNA BOD meets the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm at University Lutheran Church of Hope, 601 13th Ave SE in February, March, May, August, September and November. The board does not generally meet in July or December.
In 2014 the board meets in the months of January, April, June and October the third Tuesday at 6 pm, at Pracna on Main, 117 Main St SE, followed by the quarterly general membership meeting at 7:30 pm.
MHNA’s Executive Committee
Comprised of the four officers from the board of directors. The executive committee meets as needed to conduct business between board meetings.
2014 MHNA restructured committees & task forces information - please read
MHNA’s Land Use Committee
Meets the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm, University Lutheran Church of Hope, 601 13th Ave SE. Presentations begin at 6:30 pm. MHNA’s Land Use Committee is the first stop for developers wishing to build in the neighborhood. The committee makes recommendations to the board and city on zoning and land use applications. Developers wishing to present to the Land Use Committee are asked to complete the Developer's Checklist and return it to MHNA in advance of the meeting. Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association Land Use Committee agendas are posted on the Marcy-Holmes web site prior to the meeting. Meeting cancellations will be posted on the web site. All are welcome to attend to voice comments.
Land Use Committee Agendas (Note beginning Sept 2014 Land Use meetings will be held the first Tuesdays)
- January 2014
- February 2014
- March 2014
- April 2014
- May 2014
- June 2014
- July 2014
- August 2014
- September 2014
- Addendum to Sept Land Use - Accessory Dwelling Units info
- October 2014
- November 2014 -note change in meeting day to Wed Nov 5th due to election
- December 2014
NOTE- MHNA's updated Neighborhood Master Plan was approved by the full City Council in August, 2014.
• January 2015 - No meeting this month
MHNA’s Safety & Livability Committee
Beginning in 2014, MHNA's Safety & Livability work will be done via the University Distrcit Alliance Livability Committee. The committee meetings include local police departments and city regulatory services. The committee meets on the second Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.at #12 Morrill Hall, U of MN, 100 Church Street SE.
For past MHNA Safety & Livability Committee agendas, see our committee archive page.
UDA Safety & Livability Committee Agendas
- January 2014 UDA Livability Committee
- February 2014 UDA Livability Committee
- March 2014 UDA Livability Committee
- April 2014 UDA Livability Committee
June 10, 2014 UDA Livability Committee at 8:30 a.m.
238A Morrill Hall, 100 Church St. SE. please note change of location
- /images/documents/August_12_UDA_Livability_Agenda.docxAugust 12, 2014 UDA Livability Committee
October 14, 2014 8:30 a.m.
238A Morrill Hall 100 Church Street SE
- December 9, 8:30-9:30 a.m. Room 4 Ground floor of Morrill Hall 100 Church St. SE
• January 13, 2015, 8:30-9:30 a.m. Room 4 Ground floor of Morrill Hall 100 Church St. SE
MHNA's Creative Places Committee - This committee is now meeting the first Monday of the month, at Wisnlow House meeting room, 100 Second Street SE. Contact chair Nancy Hovanes
• March 6, 2014 Creative Places Committee
• March 13, 2014 Creative Places Committee
• November 3, 2014 Creative Places Committee
• Dec 1, 2014 Creative Places committee
• Jan 5, 2015 Creative Places Committee
• Feb 2, 2015 Creative Places Committee
MHNA's Transportation Committee - First meeting Jan 23rd at 7:00 pm, Andrew Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE. Contact chair Paul Buchanan
• March 4, 2014 at 5 pm, Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
• April 1, 2014 at 5pm, Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
• May 7, 2014 at Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
• July 2, 2014 at 5 pm, at Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
• October 22nd meeting, 5-6:30 pm, will be at Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
• Dec 11 at 5 pm, Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
• Jan 28, 2015 at 5 pm, Andrew-Riverside Church, 403 8th Ave SE
MHNA's Housing Diversity Task Force - Contact chair Marcus Mills
MHNA's Economic Development Task Force- Contact chair Jim Sander
MHNA's Save Our Shade Trees Task Force- Contact chair Cordelia Pierson
MHNA's 6th Ave Greenway Task Force-Contact chair Cordelia Pierson
MHNA's Mississippi River Trail Task Force (MRT) - Contact chair Cordelia Pierson
MHNA's Dinkytown Greenway/Mississippi River Trail Task Force - Contact chair Cordelia Pierson
Other committees and task forces (Garden, Events, Economic Development, Save Our Shade Trees, 6th Ave Greenway,etc) meet as needed.Contact chairs for info.
Committee agendas are emailed to committee members, those who checked off an interest on their membership cards. Committee actions are advisory and must be approved by the MHNA board of directors. Committee meetings are open to the public. The MHNA President appoints committee chairs. Persons wishing to appear on a committee agenda should contact the MHNA office.